Person Centred Planning
ELIALI’s approach to how we work with our young people is based upon Person Centered Planning (PCP) which we believe provides the best way of helping an individual Plan all aspects of their life. The PCP approach serves the purpose of:
- Encouraging an individual to think about their life now and in the future
- Allowing an individual to make their own decisions and take control of their life
- Empowering an individual by making them decide who they want to help them and how
- Helping an individual to build a Circle of Support
- Giving an individual a voice
In helping our young people to develop their Plans, a series of questions about an individual will guide the process:
- What are their dreams?
- What are their strengths or gifts?
- What are their likes and dislikes?
- What is important to them?
- Who are the important people in their life?
- What support does the person think they need to achieve the future they want?
At ELIALI MPC Ltd we believe that the success of our service in delivering outcomes is determined by the robustness of our initial assessments, risk assessments and support Planning.
To support this belief, ELIALI has ensured that senior members of staff will always direct such exercises and a Service Planning Training Package has been designed in-house to ensure that all those involved in Planning processes and risk assessments are competent.
It is also important to mention that even though senior staff direct these exercise, their role is that of facilitation and coordination rather than dictating. The young people remains the focal point of the process. During these processes, we are determined to ensure that the environment is constantly user friendly and meets all aspects of Dignity, Respect and Privacy of the Young people.
We also welcome family, relatives, friends and health & social care professionals input to their Support.